Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bible Trivia: The Walking Dead

In Matthew 27:51, the moment that Jesus dies:

A:  there was an earthquake

B:  the dead rose from their tombs, walked into Jerusalem and said hello to passersby.

C:  the temple curtain ripped down the middle

D:  a rainbow appeared in the sky 

 Whoops sorry.  I was looking for Simba...

ANSWER:  A, B & C

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and[e] went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Amazing miracles. Some more impressive than others, I mean, you could do one of those miracles with a box cutter, but the other ones would take some serious work to pull off.  

 
 So there I was, taking a shower, minding my own business when...

 The other three Gospels don't mention the rising of the dead, which is peculiar.  If I was around at the time of the death of Jesus and came across someone looking like this:





...I would probably mention it to someone.  In fact, I would probably try to warn as many people as I could to watch the hell out.

The site blogs.christianpost.com has a very nice article about the other discrepancies in the resurrection accounts of Jesus, and while they reach a different conclusion than I do regarding their legitimacy, I thank them all the same for their work.

And no matter what you believe, Jesus can only really die one time, so the chances of another mass ressurection is extremely low.

 Probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment